Sunday, April 25, 2010
Alert: SOLDIER DOWN!!!!
Soldier DOWN!!!!Somebody call in the Medics!Serious, i need blogsville help!Hence my resurfacing (contrary to my last blog)! Or more like i just NEED to type and unwind abit.
So, Hi people...Xplanation of last blog:Things r sorta hectic right now, so i took a break off work and off life to try to sort things out. But there are two basic pressing issues right now, one of which caused me to crawl out of my hole.
1. I've got a killer professional exam this week, hence my break off work. (I intend to bastardise that paper!)
2. Processes as regards my relocating plans is getting sorta hectic, hence my need for further time to rethink and restrategise.
So, i've been pretty much having a serious headache due to No2 issue, then it occurred to me that i've got all calibre of folks on blogsville who would recognize with this phase, hence, i better start a thread on this, pull in your support/advice an maybe reduce my headache. SO, PLSSSS READ THRU TO THE END AND IF U RECOGNIZE, DROP REAL ADVICE/DIRECTION/ENCOURAGEMENT.
Basically i've been doing the white collared job for about 4 years now, and sometime recently, due to certain discontents i made up my mind to relocate to the U.K for a while, get an additional degree and some work experience. (E.g of discontent, this chic that joined my company recently, my age but she was smart enough to come in with a degree from City University, hence, she's got a fat paycheque and an official Jeep in the pipeline, i'm like WHAT!!!...)But really thats just a minor part of my discontent. I'm pretty much tired of being shackled to the 4am to 9pm, so i want some release, some timeout to think and restrategise towards my bigger plan of making my writing become a job. i.e theater etc...Long story, but thats the gist.
But that's besides the point.
Here are my headaches, for which I NEED YOU!:
1. Its a big headache relocating!!!I hate uncertainty. I hate the fact that for one year i'm becoming a student again and there's literally no fat paycheque nesting waiting to drop into my account.
2. So i have to pull in all the funds i'll need for a year at least. Which is a headache! I used to think i was boxed up(i.e STINKY RICH;)), but with the bills that the agents are piling up, my head's getting sore!!!I'm seeing in my sleep, N1.7million maintenance, N3.2million tuition, agency fees, flight fees....this is BULLOCKS!!!!
3. I hate the thot of not being able to live like a king in my own country!!!I mean, the implication of this is: henceforth being frugal with every penny!!!Gosh, i'm gonna become a pauper?!!!Honest i'm not embellishing myself more than is needed, but if u've ever been a foreign student without family support over there, then u'd get the gist.All the funds u bring in is literally all the support u'd have whilst u're there. Basically its SORT URSELF OUT WITH UR GOD!
4. No more vacations!!!What?!!!I can't splurge as i wish???I can't go shopping as i wish??I have to constantly think of having "end of week rent?!"What the H*ll?!!excuse my language But its Headache Headache Headache!!!
5. VISA ISSUES!!!!I thought i had time on my side, now they're telling me that i have to apply early before the usual student visa rush! Mind you, the implication of that is, i have to fund my account with about N4million within one month and pay a good portion of my tuition fee early, say N1.5million. Oooh God, should i not just abandon this and remain seated where i am?!!!!
6. Its not that its not do-able. I mean, i knew all this b4 i started the admission runs, (which is pretty much sorted now)its just that its all coming in a rush!!!My CAS is ready, but the chic in the school advices i make an extra payment so that'll be included in the CAS b4 she send sit over. SO, Hurry about hurry about, find N1.7million pronto!Oooh God, A GROWN MAN CRIES!!!
7. I just more or less had a rough conversation with Father. I hate going to meet people for money, but shoot, desperate situation here, so, DRATSSSS, i'm burying my pride all over the place here. And, yeah i understand his intention, but the way the discusssion went, had me feeling humilated- like i'm a teenager again! And i HAVE HUGEEEEE AFRICAN MAN PRIDE!!!
8. And i'm not done with him, i still have a list of other people i have to "visit" to source for loans to shore my account in time. THIS SUCKS!!MAJOR, BIG TIME!!!Oooh God, A GROWN MAN CRIES!!!
9. And it would be fine, if i was doing all this to go for one year of comfort, but for pitts sake, i'm gonna be a student again!!!And i'm going to be living on N2million for a whole year!!!Oooh God, A GROWN MAN CRIES!!!
10. And putting up with the racial stuff, i was never a fan of! Blacks who live in the U.K, i hail you. (United States understandable) I just could never do it for more than a maximum of three weeks vacation. The way some of em' look at you atimes and respond to you....i usually just stomach it and say, "No problem man, Na you carry ur leg come here." No doubt, i have some really cool white friends, but honestly some times, i could do without the stigmatisation. Its fine when i'm on hols, but for a whole year sha...God dey.
11. Ok, i should get back to the books. Phew...i feel better now. Though drats, the issue is not gone anywhere, N5million liability is still staring me in the face and there is no running away from it this time. I've put if off many times b4, this TIME, IT MUST MUST BE DONE!By fire by force!!!
(Oya, Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire! Holy Ghost Fire!Fireeeeeeeee!)Lol!!!Don't mind me jare. We know how we pray in my Fatherland.
12. And after all this wahala, U.K BA has bettter grant me the student visa!!!
P.S, Ooooh yup i did feel good from all the previous comments. I'm quarter to being ALMOST FAMOUS ON BLOGGER!!!
P.S2: Check this out:
"How dare you talk to me like that?!Do you know who i am?"
"Who you be?"
"I have over a thousand followers on twitter/blogger/FB!!!"