Sunday, March 9, 2014

Ten blue-eyed Bambi(s)


I met Bambi whilst watching waterfalls on the coast of Amalfi.
A spunky 'teenage tour guide who dared remind me of myself...
'He wondered about my adult fascination with crashing waters,
and I told him how they remind me of my emotions,
wild and often without seeming control.

Bambi found us a vantage 'seat right under a thousand meters of cascading waters.
His only reply was a short hum of an old TLC song,
the one admonishing fools who use up precious life chasing after waterfalls.
I understood the pun but proceeded to enlighten his naivety.

I told him how life had endowed some of us with excessive portions of human feelings-love...joy...lust...laughter....passion...infatuation...
We would love to heights of kilimanjaro,
then spiral to the depths of meaningless depression in the same single breathe -
Riding every wave of emotional high like a fool - none the wiser even with every let down.

Bambi misunderstood all of the symbolism in my tirade, 
Diverting instead with a brief response,
of how he'd once fallen in love with a local beauty...
Some girl that caused his heart to flutter every time she sauntered by...
He said he'd found his feelings to be like a reckless woman
that whispered wretched desires in his ears
only to leave you with nothing, except wispy nothingness.

I like the idea of being able to divert emotions at will,
but i wonder about being able to divert what ought to be natural, like majestic waterfalls.

I love waterfalls, just as much as I loathe the often chaotic confusion of my emotional state of mind.
But lately I am finding that even though the beauty of waterfalls
lies in the majesty of her unrestrained and unending free fall,
However, for psychological wellbeing,
one must find a tap-screw somewhere within our jagged crevices
to turn off our feelings and control its...splendid chaos once in a while.

If all else fails...
Count ten blue-eyed Bambi(s) before indulging any sort of emotional response.

This is a T.Note.

7 comments:

  1. Golden Mean - find the mid point.
    Extreme is sweet when all's well, but finding the Golden Mean is smart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm....Aristotle / Greek philosophy? Show off!!! But yeah, true...very true E.D!
    Admittedly, i did a quick google read-up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not often I get to, so when I do get the opportunity, of course I gotta show off.
      hehehehehehehe... nice to know I had you googling :p

      Delete
  3. I think a little bit of everything is good. As long you do not allow any part to take over you

    I love the way you capture your thoughts in your posts sometimes
    It is quite peculiar and so you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah i guess so Janyl...moderation is charm...or finding that elusive Golden mean, like Efua puts it.

      Thanks...JB...fine compliment :)

      Delete
  4. I love how your writings make me stop and think....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes both of us squared then, as your post do just exactly the same...

      Delete